Updated: October 1, 2015
1. Riot New Media Group (“Riot New Media Group,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) has developed a blog on https://bookriot.com for news, reviews, and commentary on books and reading (such blog, our “Blog” and such website, our “Site”). We are excited that you are interested in participating in Riot New Media Group’s program for guest contributing to our Blog (the “Riot New Media Group Guest Contributor Program”).
1.2 These Guest Contributor Terms (this “Agreement”) are a legal agreement between you and Riot New Media Group with respect to your participation in the Riot New Media Group Guest Contributor Program and your contribution of text, images and other content (collectively, “Your Content”) for use on our Blog. BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE” BUTTON, YOU (1) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND (2) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OTHER TERMS REFERENCED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY OTHER TERMS REFERENCED BELOW, YOU SHOULD CLICK ON THE “CANCEL” BUTTON TO DISCONTINUE THE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION PROCESS AND YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE RIOT NEW MEDIA GROUP GUEST CONTRIBUTOR PROGRAM.
2. Submissions. You will provide Your Content on such topics and in accordance with such format, number of words, and other specifications as we may require. You are solely responsible for the quality, technical accuracy and completeness of Your Content.
3. License. You hereby grant to Riot New Media Group, under all intellectual property and proprietary rights, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense through multiple levels, to store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, publish, distribute, transfer, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use Your Content. You should only upload Your Content to our Site for which you are willing to grant the licenses described above. You represent, warrant and covenant that (a) Your Content is an original work of authorship, (b) you have sufficient rights to grant the licenses described above, and (c) Your Content complies with the requirements set forth in this Agreement and our then-current Content Policy.
4. Exclusivity. For a period of forty-eight (48) hours after we first publish any particular submission of Your Content in our Blog (each such submission, a “Submission,” and such period, the “Exclusivity Period”), you agree not to publish, or permit any third party to publish, whether in print or electronic format or orally, such Submission or any similar content without our prior written consent. In addition, after the Exclusivity Period you may not publish, or permit any third party to publish, any of your Submissions published in our Blog or any similar content, without ensuring that the Submission or such content is identified in your publication or such third party publication as first being published by the Riot New Media Group’s Book Riot Blog. If your Submission is not published in our Blog within twenty (20) business days following the date you first submitted such Submission, you may freely publish such Submission without any reference to Book Riot.
5. Publicity Rights. You hereby grant Riot New Media Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid license to display, publish and use your name, biography and likeness in connection with any of your Submissions and in advertising and promotion of your Submission by Us.
6. No Assignment. Neither the rights nor the obligations arising under this Agreement are assignable by you, and any such attempted assignment or transfer will be void and without effect. Riot New Media Group may freely assign or transfer this Agreement.
7. Termination. Unless terminated by us or you pursuant to this Section, this Agreement will continue indefinitely. We may terminate this Agreement for any or no reason immediately upon notice to you. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any or no reason, by sending either an email to contributors (at) bookriot (dot) com with your name and the subject “TERMINATION OF CONTRIBUTOR TERMS” or a letter by United States mail to: 147 Prince Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 or to such other address as we may specify by posting the new address on the Site. Upon any termination, the following Sections will survive: 1.2, 1.3, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
9. Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us by e-mail at contributors (at) bookriot (dot) com or by writing to us at Contributor Relations, Riot New Media Group, Inc,147 Prince Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 in each case marking the message “Attention: Contributor Terms.”