Attention Librarians and Library Workers!!!
The Every Library Institute, a nonprofit organization focused on supporting libraries and library funding around the U.S., has launched their “Help A Librarian Out” (HALO) fund. This fund gives librarians or library workers (or households who have a librarian or library worker) affected by the COVID-19 pandemic a “no strings attached” grant of $250.
Every Library Institute is able to provide these grants through their national fundraising effort, individual donors, and generous donations from Awesome Libraries Project and Urban Librarians Unite. This grant is meant to help library workers who’ve experienced job loss and/or significant wage loss due to the pandemic.
Grants will given out on a rolling basis as long as funds are available. For more information on eligibility and to fill out your application, go to: https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/haloapply
For non-librarians who can spare a few dollars, please consider donating at https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/halo .
We want to give a special thanks to the partner organizations who have supported our Help a Library Worker Out Fund (HALO)!
Find out more at https://t.co/NC2oYMcfWJ
— everylibrary (@EveryLibrary) April 13, 2020
Also In This Story Stream
- Parenting During a Pandemic: Books That Can Help You Get Through This
- Fighting Back With Books: 5 Nonfiction Works that Challenge COVID-19-Inspired Racism
- Virtual Book Events You Can Attend From Home
- Prison Ereaders and Tablets Should Be Free During COVID-19
- Bookish Virtual Scavenger Hunt Ideas: Social Distancing for Book Lovers
- 20 of the Best Free Kindle Books You Can Read in Isolation
- Book Releases Delayed Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lionsgate Offers Free YouTube Showings of Four Popular Films
- Get Yourself Some #SocksForBinc!
- Welcome to Comics School, Kids (and Adults Too)!
- Pulitzer Prize Awards Announcements Postponed
- New Grant Will Help Disabled Authors Promote Their Books
- Coalition of National Arts Grantmakers Launches Emergency Artist Relief Fund
- How Audiobooks are Getting Me Through COVID-19